EKWB Reveals Velocity: A Water Block for Custom LCS with RGB Lightingby Anton Shilov on December 13, 2018 1:00 PM EST
Custom liquid cooling systems are built by hardcore enthusiasts who want to get absolutely no-compromise style and performance. Meanwhile, one of the trendiest features for enthusiasts introduced in the recent years, addressable and customizable RGB lighting, has so far only been supported by factory-built all-in-one liquid coolers. This week EKWB changed this by introducing its EK-Velocity, its first CPU water blocks with RGB LEDs.
EKWB’s EK-Velocity D-RGB CPU water blocks feature the company’s brand-new internal design that relies on a nickel-plated electrolytic copper cold plate covered with black acetal or transparent plexiglass. Besides, the water blocks use a reinforced mounting bracket with smaller screws for additional style.
The EK-Velocity D-RGB are outfitted with 24 LEDs that can be programmed using software from leading motherboard makers (ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Lights, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, and ASRock Polychrome Sync) and is compatible external digital RGB controllers featuring a 3-pin LED connector.
The manufacturer will offer versions of EK-Velocity D-RGB compatible with AMD’s AM4 as well as Intel’s LGA115x and LGA2011/2066 processors/platforms.
EKWB’s Velocity D-RGB water blocks are now available at €95 - €100 directly from the company and will hit shelves of various retailers across the world in the coming days and weeks, depending on the market.
- EKWB Announces EK-Vector RTX Water Blocks for GeForce RTX 2080 & RTX 2080 Ti
- Corsair Unveils Hydro H100i & Hydro H115i RGB Platinum LCSes with Mag Lev Fans
- ASUS Unveils ROG Ryujin AIO LCSes for AMD’s Ryzen & Ryzen Threadripper
- Cooler Master Announces MasterLiquid ML120L RGB and ML240L RGB CLC: Lighting Up The Night
- Deepcool Launches Captain EX RGB CPU Coolers with LED Lighting